Losing weight is all well and good but there is still another problem that you need to address and that is to tighten loose skin. Loose skin often occurs when there is massive weight loss particularly around the belly. Fortunately, this problem can be easily remedied and this is through eating the right kinds of food as well as working out.
The good news is that there is no shortage of exercises for you to do that will help tighten and tone your skin and muscles. If you are fairly new to exercising and you would like to remedy any loose skin that you are seeing, you might want to try the following fitness workouts first.
- Air bike. As the name suggests, this exercise is done while you are lying on your back. You will need to place both hands beside your head, your elbows bent, and your knees slightly pulled in. Tighten your abdominal muscles as you curl your shoulders off the floor bringing your right elbow towards your left knee. Do the same with your left elbow as you reach for the right knee. Do 8 to 10 reps or more depending on your preferences.
- Fingers to toes crunch. Again, lie down on your back while raising your legs so that your feet are level with your ceiling. Raise your arms upwards until they are parallel to your thigh. Engage your core muscles as you crunch upwards to reach your toes. Lower yourself back down and repeat.
- Side bridge. This exercise can help tone and strengthen your obliques. For this exercise, you will need to lie down on your side with your weight resting on your forearm and elbow. Tighten your core as you raise yourself from the floor until you form a straight line from your torso to your legs. Hold this pose as long as you can manage then lower yourself back down. Repeat on the other side.
- Hanging exercise. To tighten loose skin in your lower belly, try to do hanging exercises from a raised bar. The standard knee raise requires you to hold on to the bar with a shoulder-width grip then pulling your knees up toward your chest then back down again. If you want to make this exercise more challenging, you should keep your legs straight as you raise them until they are parallel to the floor.
- Legs up straight arm crunch. This workout can really challenge your belly and help tighten loose skin. You can also use a dumbbell for this exercise to make the workout tougher for you. First, you will need to lie down on your back with your legs raised to a 90 degree angle from the floor. With your arms straightened out and your hands holding a dumbbell, curl your shoulders as well as your upper back off the floor using your core muscles while reaching for the ceiling with your hands. Hold this pose for a second before lowering yourself back down. Make sure that your legs and arms are straight throughout the exercise.
- Leg circles. The leg exercises are a form of Pilates which should be done while lying on your back. Position your arms at your sides as you raise one leg towards the ceiling. Draw small circles with your raised leg while keeping your hips pressed to the ground. Switch directions halfway then do the same number of reps. Repeat with the other leg to complete your leg circles.
Toning and tightening the loose skin in your belly is possible with the help of these exercises. By doing them regularly, you will notice a marked improvement on your loose skin in no time.